FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t see the answer to your question below, please give us a call at 541-535-5082.
Does acupuncture hurt?
For most people acupuncture is a painless procedure. The needles we use are very thin, about the size of a single hair. A momentary prick is often felt around the needle as it is inserted, eventually creating a dull pressure or tingling around the area during the treatment. Most people are amazed by how relaxed they feel during and after the treatment.
Is acupuncture safe?
The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) regulates the use of acupuncture needles by licensed acupuncturists only and requires that they be manufactured and labeled according to strict standards for safety. The FDA also requires that needles be sterilized, non-toxic and labeled for single use by qualified practitioners only. All needles are placed into a sharps container after being used in a treatment, and are disposed of properly and safely.
What conditions are treated with acupuncture?
- Acute pain and chronic pain: back, neck, knee, hip, shoulder pain, whiplash, arthritis, carpal tunnel, TMD, tendonitis, sciatica, bursitis
- Gastrointestinal complaints: ulcers, constipation, chronic diarrhea, nausea, weight issues, IBS, irregular appetite, gastritis, Crohn’s disease
- Emotional issues: anxiety, stress, depression, irritability, PTSD, anger.
- Neurovascular: headaches, migraines, dizziness, insomnia, hypertension, neuropathy, stroke.
- Gynecological: menses, PMS, fertility, pregnancy, menopause, fibroids, breast cancer
- Respiratory: sinusitis, asthma, allergies, bronchitis, chronic cough, acute colds/flu, immune system enhancement.
- Urogenital disorders: incontinence, UTI, sexual dysfunction, frequent urination, high PSA levels.
- Cancer: treatment and support for many types of cancer
- Addictions: tobacco, alcohol, painkillers(opiates), marijuana, food.
Does Middleway accept insurance?
We do accept insurance. However, not all insurance policies have benefits for acupuncture. Due to public demand, more and more health insurance companies are covering acupuncture.
We are on numerous insurance panels and have a very knowledgeable front office staff who will verify your benefits and bill your insurance directly from our office.
Insurance Companies that we are on panels for (Preferred Providers)
- Assurant Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Care Source
- First Choice Health
- Health Comp
- Pacific Source
- Pacificare of Oregon
- Providence Health Care
- Providence Preferred (UMR) *part of ASH network
- Regence (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Select Benefit Administrators
- United Healthcare
**We also can directly bill Motor Vehicle Accidents and Workers Compensation claims.**
What forms of payment are accepted?
Cash, check, Visa and Mastercard credit or debit cards are the accepted forms of payment.
How many treatments will I need?
This is unique to the individual. For acute conditions 4-8 treatments bi-weekly and for most chronic conditions, 5-7 treatments on a weekly basis tend to offer the best outcome. Some people notice an immediate improvement in their health while for others acupuncture tends to have a cumulative effect over several visits.
What Sets Our Clinic Apart From Other Chinese Medical Practitioners?
- We love what we do and are devoted to top quality patient care.
- We take our time with you: 2 hours in the first visit and 60 minute follow-ups.
- We educate you about your health, why and how it can be improved according to Chinese medical principles.
- When you get acupuncture treatments, at no extra charge we give nutritional counseling, herbal consulting, lifestyle recommendations, and massage if needed.
- All of our herbs and products are of the highest quality available, they are GMP certified, safe and effective.
- Your treatment is personally tailored to your needs.
- Evening appointments are available.
- We are open 5 days a week.
- We have have a full time office manager to help you with scheduling and insurance.
- We practice what we preach.